CPR and First Aid: Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care
First aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case and, you need these skills for the PADI Rescue Diver course.
Emergency First Response is a PADI affiliate that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not justdivers. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors!
What You Learn in the EFR Primary and Secondary Care Courses
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barrier to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considertations
The Learning Materials You Need
Through a combination of independent study and skill practice with an instructor, you’ll build confidence and skills to provide basic emergency care. The Primary and Secondary Care Manual and video on DVD preview emergency scenarios and provide step-by-step skill demonstrations.
The Emergency First Response Care at a Glance card is a quick-reference guide for emergency situations. Designed to fit in a glove compartment or backpack, the Care at a Glance card is an important component for any first-aid or disaster preparedness kit.
To enroll in Emergency First Response courses, you must
- Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency